At Metropolitan Bartending School, you learn with the best instructors in the Industry:
Head Instructor – Micah Dew:
Micah Dew is a professional mixologist from Vancouver with over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry. He has been showcased in film and on TV both nationally and internationally for his bartending skills. While Micah is recognized as an engaging and entertaining speaker, he has also been known to mix it up on the competition stage. Entering and winning cocktail, and flair bartending competitions locally and internationally.
In addition to working with Metropolitan, Micah continues to work at Vancouver’s #1 Nightclub, The Roxy. Also Micah continues to work with the 3rd largest liquor company in the world, Beam Global as corporate trainer.
- His weekly cocktail feature in The Province Newspaper
- 4 years behind the bar at The Roxy Nightclub Vancouver
- 9 years Performer/Lead Instructor with worlds largest Flair Bartending training company extremebartending.com
- Multiple TV appearances including: The Rachael Ray Show and Urban Rush
- Featured Flair Bartending Instructor in the best selling Working Flair & Customer service DVD series in the world
- Featured speaker at the annual Christmas in November in Jasper, AB, alongside other top restauranteurs, and Food Network Stars
- Winner of multiple flair bartending competitions locally and internationally
- Featured performer on Dragons Den Canada
- Ian was born in Washington DC and began his hospitality career in the DC bar scene
- Ian moved to Calgary in 2002 to attend Alberta College of Art & Design and immediately got a job bartending downtown
- Over the next few years Ian bartended at some of Calgary’s best hot spots, such as Seanachie Irish Pub, The Ship & Anchor, and The Drum & Monkey
- Ian Moved to Vancouver in 2008 where he continued his hospitality career. Starting as a bartender at Earls, he eventually moved into bar manager, and has since moved on to work on Granville street and in Yaletown
When he’s not working with Metropolitan, Micah likes to travel and experiment with regional cuisines, and continues to pursue a passion for wine, hosting annual wine events.
Instructor Feedback – Vancouver:
My experience was great. The instructor was just filled with so much information. I always got answers for my questions. He was very professional and inspired me to be a bartender as good as he is. Overall it was worth every penny and I am happy I went to bartending school. – Dave M.
I thought it was very well done. Our teacher had lots of energy and kept the class going. The hands on time was more than enough to get us comfortable around the bar. All and all, I had a great time and I am ready to get my first bartending job! – Jaime Donaldson; June 9, 2011
I really loved it. I came here in May and couldn’t take the exam, so the fact that the school let me come back is really amazing. I had a blast here, made great friends and Ian as an instructor was a perfect role model for me. He is chill and serious at the right times. The facility is great thank you all so much! – Revé R.